Only cycled 20 miles today. A very West Coast Scotland style route-lots of single track roads with ups and downs. Then it was a ferry ride across a fiord and we just missed a ferry so had to wait 2 hours for the next one. Dried out the tents in the sun. Cycling this part with 2 French couples, Patricia gets up the hills quickly but then she is riding an electric bike! After the 20 min. Ferry trip it was time to head for the nearest camp site, hence the short distance.
Continuing on Route 1 Cycle Way North, which is the same as road number 15, the tourist route North. Beautiful, but what a lot of German and Dutch camper vans there are! I check the nationality sticker as they go past: yesterday more Dutch, today more German. A few touring cyclists as well, including another solo female going the 0pposite direction to me. 2 ferries today.When I get off once the vehicle traffic has gone, I have the road to myself. Whilst waiting for the second ferry, I had to cycle some distance away as a controlled dynamite explosion blew up rock to extend the pier area. I visited a couple of places today: First an old 19th century village-actually I think they had moved the buildings to a common site. Secondly a war cemetery for the thousands of Russians killed in Norway between 1941 and 1945. War cemeteries are such poignant places,. ...

Comments
Post a Comment